Yusufi Vali has been the Executive Director of the Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center since September 2012. Previously, he was a community organizer with the Greater Boston Interfaith Organization, a chapter of the Industrial Areas Foundation. He also worked as a field organizer on the Obama campaign in 2008. Yusufi is a graduate of Princeton University, a Marshall Scholar, and a Fulbright Scholar.
In this conversation, Yusufi and Rev. Brown cover many topics including:
- Yusufi's experiences as a 1st generation immigrant in the mid-west (go Royals!)
- Yusifi's remarkable experiences visiting Syria in the early 2000's
- How Sept 11, 2001, as a freshman at Princeton, changed Yusufi's life and led to him re-focusing his life to community and service
- How Donald Trump reflects on America and perhaps deeper societal trends
- How people can learn more with and engage with the Boston Islamic community
Learn more about Yusufi at The Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center.
Follow him on Twitter: @YusufiVali
References from this episode: